Thursday, June 25, 2009

More on Lesson Accelerators

I went back to atomic learning to look at other Lesson Accelerators. The first one I looked at was "Bibliography Boogie." This would be perfect for my students when they work on research papers. My students need repeated help with this aspect of their research papers. I did think that some parts of the lessons were below my students' abilities. For instance the step by step instructions on italicizing text would bore some of my students and cause them to lose interest. The demonstration for a website entry was especially helpful. It told the students how and where to find the information. Students struggle with website entries the most. I probably wouldn't use this in an inservice except to show what is available on Atomic Learning. I next looked at to word search. Word searches can be used as introductory assignments. They could include vocabulary from stories, characters, literary elements. I can see myself using word searches as motivational activities at the beginning of units. This would defiantly be something I would show in an inservice. One way to get other teachers excited about new technology would be to show them new things to do with technology they already understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment