Each day seems to bring a new technology challenge. Today we had a training for the new gradebook. It was an optional come and go training. I went to find out how to print a grade sheet without the students that have been dropped from the class roster. It's a simple request. I had tried to figure it out on my own to no avail. It turns out all I had to do was go to a second screen and print from that screen.
All the teachers are adjusting to the new program. There has not been the grumblings that we went through in previous years when we changed software. We are all in the same boat. Even the trainers are trying to get a handle on everything the program can do. We haven't installed all the components of the program yet. When we do this program has the ability to transform some of our instructional practices.
My time on this program is well spent when I focus on figuring out what the new system can do, rather than worrying about how the program is different from the old or focusing on what it can't do.
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment