Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sunday Night Reflections

I got up earlier than I normally do on Sunday. However that did not translate into getting more work done. My biggest hurdle today was getting a video to upload to facebook. After trying several times, most of the day was gone and I had nothing to show for it. I realized that since I wasn't using my computer it was going into sleep mode before the video could upload. After I reset the power save settings, the video loaded easily and is now available for viewing.

This week I am leading the first of the training sessions. I have one more thing to complete before Wednesday. The training will be paperless. I have everything loaded to my website for teachers to follow. This is timely since the English department was sent an email this week that the school has almost used its paper allotment for the semester. One thing teachers can do is upload copies of assignments to their websites instead of making a few extra copies for students who lose assignments. With over 250 teachers, saving 2 copies per assignment is a ream of paper. With multiple assignments over the six weeks, paper saving will add up. I hope through this training my peers will see as a resource to help them improve the use of technology in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment