I lead the Instructional Focus Meeting this week. That's our name for inservice training. I received positive feedback. Of course doing a technology training meant I would have a problem with the technology. Irony seems to follow English teachers around. The main difficulty I had was using the remote keyboard. It was being obstinate when I tried to switch between programs. I shifted my focus as of the training. The department had been informed that the school was nearing the allotment of paper. I concentrated the last part of the training on how to use less paper in the classroom. I demonstrated Survey Monkey and provided ideas on how to use this in the classroom. I also showed them how to upload a file to the website. Uploading assignment sheets to the web is a great way to save paper. I asked that the teachers fill out surveys (using Survey Monkey) about the training. Website training and using less paper seemed to be of interest.
I did have some concerns since teachers are the worst students. Some teachers were checking their email or rushing ahead. I had loaded everything to the website so the training would be paperless. Just as I was stating that the future would be paperless, a colleague printed out the click sheet I had created. Oh, the irony.
Friday, October 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment