I hate leaving school late on Friday, but it seems to be a reoccurring theme for Fridays. Today the culprit was the end of the six weeks. By the time I arrived at a stopping point, it was nearly 4:45. I'm still not finished. Students have until noon on Sunday to email me late assignments. I thought technology was going to make my life easier. It seems at time email makes my life more difficult. I left school, got in my truck to go home, then I noticed one more thing I had to take care of. My "service engine" light came on. I can't take care of it Saturday, I have class. The service center is closed on Sunday. I guess it means a late night at the dealership some week night or take a risk and wait for next Saturday. Ironically, I had my truck worked on last weekend. Why couldn't the technology figure out it needed help a week earlier. This did not make my life easier.
It's just another thing I need to take care of. It's a list that is growing. I feel like I am behind in class. I've kept up with the work, but I feel like I am missing something. I am using my movie making skills quite a bit. I made a video for a student of his first game for the Texas A&M football team. I have another video to make for a student who plays for Iowa State. I also made three videos, with another still to do, for a friend and fellow teacher who has been out since the first week of September. The videos take time, but it is worth it to show her how much she means to us.
Friday, November 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment