Thanksgiving Break is almost over, and I still haven't accomplished everything I needed to get completed. I think I will be in for some long nights over the next few days.
I saw this article on Yahoo! tonight.
http://tech.yahoo.com/news/ap/20091127/ap_on_hi_te/us_schools_cell_phones
This article provides illustrations of how cell phones can be used in the classroom. Many of these activities are innovative. Teachers text instructions in a foreign language for the students to follow. Cell phones are used as calculators and voice recorders. The new capabilities of phones means that they can be used for research. Through special websites cell phones can be used to poll students.
Since cell phones are gaining a bigger role in our lives, schools need to teach students to use them responsibly. Incorporating them into school lessons is the start of this process. Because schools ban cell phones, students hide and evade the responsibility of having the technology. This carries over to places where cell phones aren't banned. I frequently see both kids and adults texting during church service. Responsible cell phone use needs to begin in our schools. Students should learn when to use their phones and when to put them aside.
Friday, November 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment