Sunday, July 19, 2009

My Saturday

Yesterday I took a short break from my studies to attend my uncle's and aunt's 50th wedding aniversery party. The party was outside of Shreveport so it was about a 4 hour drive there. I took my books for my research class so I could get some work completed. Once again I faced technology difficulties. This time it was batteries. I had charged the batteries a week before, but had not used the camera more than a few minutes since then. The batteries lasted about an hour and half but the camera wasn't on the entire time.

My plan had been to record congratulations to for my uncle & aunt then create a movie for them. I do have some footage and my mom got pictures of almost everyone who came. If my footage is usable, I have doubts since the background noise may have been too loud, I can combine it with my mom's pictures to make my uncle & aunt a special memory.

Here is a case where I am applying what I have learned in class to something outside the classroom. This is an important part of incorporating technology in the classroom. Teachers need to realize that there is not a line between the technology we use in the classroom and the technology we use outside it. If we think about how we can use the technology we have mastered outside the classroom perhaps it will not seem so scary to some teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment