Monday, July 13, 2009

My Soapbox Blog

Even before this summer, I have spent time looking online to find resources to enhance my classroom. I've never had problems finding worksheets for the units I am teaching. But I've found that the resources for elementary grades far exceeds the resources for high school students. It seems we spend more educational resources on elementary students. Maybe that's why students in high school lack motivation and engagement for school. This weekend I searched for multimedia to use in the classroom. It wasn't hard to find educational games for younger students, even middle school students. But games for high school just didn't seem to be there.

I guess I can't complain about the resources I have in my classroom. I am blessed to have these resources when so many other teachers don't. But it's hard not to be a little jealous when the elementary teachers in my district have response pads and Smart Boards.

No comments:

Post a Comment